When should I contact Utrecht Sequencing Facility?
- If you want more information about NGS technology, DNA/RNA isolation, library preparation, SNP fingerprinting, bioinformatics data analysis and storage
- If you want to discuss your experiment/project that uses NGS technology
How should I deliver my samples?
- For DNA / RNA isolation, SNP fingerprinting, library preparation: please refer to the services page. Additionally you need to submit your samples electronically
- For ready-to-sequence samples: please deliver your (pooled) samples in an 1,5 ml tube at a concentration of 4 nM with a minimal volume of 40 ul. Additionally you need to submit your samples electronically
- Hand over your samples to a USF employee in a 1.5 ml tube with the run ID written on the lid and the sample name on the lid/side
When will my samples be ready?
- Samples will be put in queue when online sample submission has been performed and samples have been physically handed over to the facility. We hold on to “first in, first sequenced” principle
- Turn around times are two weeks for RNA / DNA isolations, two weeks for SNP fingerprinting, three weeks for library preparation and two weeks for sequencing run requests
- We are open for high priority requests. Note that we will discuss your request internally before granting
- Be aware that turn around times are depending on the number of requests, available reagents and personnel. Furthermore, we cannot control machine outage. In case of significant delays, we will contact you
How can I acknowledge Utrecht Sequencing Facility?
- Utrecht Sequencing Facility is a joint initiative that is financially supported by the University Medical Center Utrecht, the Hubrecht Institute and the Utrecht University. To guarantee our continued existence, it is important to acknowledge the contribution of the Utrecht Sequencing Facility wherever possible
- Please use the following standard text: We thank Utrecht Sequencing Facility for providing the sequencing service and data. Utrecht Sequencing Facility is subsidized by the University Medical Center Utrecht, Hubrecht Institute and Utrecht University
Feedback and/or complaint?
- We are committed to providing great service and support. Your feedback, whether it is a compliment, suggestion or complaint, is very valuable to us. Please contact us!